Book Manuscript Workshop CFP
The Ann Johnson Institute (AJI) for Science, Technology and Society at the = University of South Carolina welcomes applications for a one-day book manus= cript workshop to be held in the Winter/Spring Term 2023.
In its third year, this annual workshop is targeted towards individuals at = any career stage who have not previously published a monograph. We are happ= y to consider individuals with or without publishing contracts. The success= ful applicant will have a first-time book manuscript near completion at the= time of applying. He or she will invite, and the AJI will fund, up to thre= e senior experts in the author=92s field. A small group of relevant experts= within the South Carolina community may also attend.
- The successful applicant will be expected to deliver a full draft of = their manuscript to all workshop participants no later than one month befor= e the workshop convenes
- During the workshop five hours will be devoted to a chapter-level dis= cussion of the manuscript, with a break in the middle for lunch
- There will be a notetaker and moderator for the duration of the works= hop
- The workshop will end with a dinner
- Invited experts will provide written feedback to the author after the= workshop
The deadline for submissions is 1 March 2022. Please apply via email to aji= firstname.lastname@example.org with =93AJI book manuscript workshop=94 in the sub= ject heading. In the attachment to your email, please include:
- Short CV
- One-page description of the book project, including its current stage= of development
- Four to five names of senior experts to invite, please include their = rank, University or home department, their field/specialty, and briefly why= you would like to invite them (two sentences)
Please see the attached word document for more information.
Looking forward to reading your proposals! Leah McClimans & Allison Marsh
Leah McClimans www.leahmcclimans.com
Associate Professor, Philosophy Co-Director Ann Johnson Institute for Science, Technology & Society Lead for INtegrating Values InTo Evidence-Based Medicine/Policy (INVITE) ht= tps://valuesbasedpractice.org/what-do-we-do/networks/integrating-values-int= o-evidence-based-medicine-invite/ she/her/hers