EASST is an international membership organisation which represents academics and researchers in the broad field of science, technology and innovation studies.
Membership is open to all those who support its goals of improving scholarly communication and exchange in the field; increasing the visibility of the subject to policy-makers and to the general public; and stimulating and supporting teaching on the subject at all levels. Membership is an expression of support for the goals of EASST. Concretely you support our international, peer reviewed open access online journal Science & Technology Studies, as well as the EASST Review. In conference years EASST gives three awards for interdisciplinary and collaborative forms of STS research as well as for engaging with policy or societal actors. You can read more about EASST’s activities here.
Membership benefits include:
- The opportunity to apply for funds to support activities in the field such as workshops, particularly in non-conference years. Reports on some of the previously funded events can be found in the EASST Review.
- Reduced registration rates which may apply at EASST events, to apply for support for attendance at EASST conferences (subject to meeting the requirements of the specific scheme) and for access to conference related activities such as a doctoral workshop.
- Reduced journal subscription prices for Science as Culture, New Genetics and Society, and Engineering Studies.
- As a member you will directly support our international, peer reviewed online journal Science & Technology Studies.
- A pre-release PDF version of the quarterly EASST Review which contains comment, news and reports of activities in the field.
EASST has three categories of membership:
- Full membership (waged): €40
- Reduced (unwaged, low waged): €25
- Student: €25
The fees quoted are for an annual subscription valid from 1st May for 12 months.
Each year we remind members to renew their memberships by email. If your membership has lapsed but you would like to re-join, please email membership(at)easst.net.