2 post-doctoral positions in ERC Project "Urban Vibrations"
I would like to announce the opening of two 3-years full-time post-doctoral positions in the ERC project „Urban Vibrations: How physical waves come to matter in contemporary urbanism“ at the department of European Ethnology of the Humboldt University in Berlin. Feel free to circulate this job advert through your networks.
For more information about the project, please visit: https://hu.berlin/erc-wavematters The project starts on January 1, 2022 and the application deadline is August 17, 2021.
Your application should include a cover letter (2-3 pages), CV, a writing sample from previous research work (max. 15 pages), as well as relevant certificates (all academic degrees). The application should include the reference number DR/116/21 to Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Philosophische Fakultät, Institut für Europäische Ethnologie, Prof. Dr. Ignacio Farías, Unter den Linden 6, 10099 Berlin OR preferably via E-Mail in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
The project studies how residents, activists and city administrations relate to airborne environmental phenomena, particularly sun radiation/heat island effect, sound waves/environmental noise and EMF/5G networks. The researcher’s tasks include:
- Design and conduct of ethnographic research in two cities abroad
- Individual and collaborative publication work
- Close collaboration with professorship of urban anthropology
- Academic event organisation and communication
- Contribution to project administration
Key requirements include:
- Completed university degree and PhD in social and cultural anthropology, science and technology studies, urban studies or other relevant fields
- Experience in ethnographic research and/or qualitative methods
- Desired is previous experience in collaborative team research, in the use of multimodal and visual research methods, as well as in project administration
- Excellent English language skills (incl. academic writing) as weil as oral proficiency in one of the following languages: Spanish, German or French (for conducting ethnographic research)
- Relocation to Berlin is an essential requirement
The project is based at the professorship for Urban Anthropology and Stadtlabor for Multimodal Anthropology at the Department of European Ethnology (one of Germany’s largest anthropology departments) at HU Berlin. It will run parallel and in dialogue with research projects on microclimate urbanism, the circular economy, planning miseducation, and public-civic partnerships in urban development. The project is affiliated the Georg Simmel Center for Metropolitan Studies and the Interdisciplinary Research Institute for Transformations of Human-Environmental Systems.
For questions please write to email@example.com
EASST's Eurograd mailing list Eurograd (at) lists.easst.net Unsubscribe or edit subscription options: http://lists.easst.net/listinfo.cgi/eurograd-easst.net
Meet us via https://twitter.com/STSeasst
Report abuses of this list to Eurogradfirstname.lastname@example.org