Invitation for PDC 2022 Program Committee members
The 2022 Participatory Design Conference (PDC 2022) is inviting applications to be a member of its Programme Committee (PC).
We already have a sizeable PC membership based on invitations sent to PDC community members who have volunteered on the committee in previous years and have experience of the peer review process. However, we would like to expand the membership of the PC to include researchers and practitioners who:
- live or work in geographies that are under-represented on the PC (e.g., Africa, Asia, Oceania, Latin America and Southern Europe).
- are early in their career and have had limited opportunities to participate in PCs before.
- simply not have been invited previously and wish to state their interest in volunteering for the PC.
If you would like to apply to join the PDC 2022 programme committee, please complete the form here: https://forms.office.com/r/ns2EgurN5i.
Becoming a member of the PC is a significant responsibility as it is core to creating the programme for the conference. However, we also hope it is insightful, interesting and gives an insight into how peer review processes are managed at conferences like PDC. As a member of the PC you will be agreeing to:
1) Spread the word about the conference, encouraging people to submit good work - also please consider submitting your own research papers. The CfP is online here: https://pdc2022.org/cfp/
2) Do REVIEWS of approximately 4-5 papers, and do META-REVIEWS of approximately 3 papers. NOTE: In PDC2022 Full papers go through a 2-stage review process with a Revise and Resubmit stage for those that are promising. Exploratory papers are only one stage review. We will share more details of the process and guidelines once applications are processed, and we will provide specific advice and support to newcomers to the PC around the reviewing and meta-reviewing processes.
3) We also strongly urge you to attend the online PC Meeting which will take place in the end of April 2022.
- 1st Round review and meta-reviews of Full Papers will happen between October and December 2021 (Submission DL is 18th of October)
- 2nd Round review and meta-reviews of Full Papers will happen between February and April 2022
- Review of exploratory papers will happen between February and April 2022 (Submission DL is 7th of February)
If you have already been invited to the PC, and accepted the invitation, there is no need to apply again via this process. Please feel free to forward this invitation to anyone you think would be interested and eligible.
If you have any questions at all, please contact the PDC 2022 Programme Chairs at: firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the Participatory Design Conference Organizing Committee
Vasilis Vlachokyriakos and Joyce Yee PDC 2022 Program Chairs
EASST's Eurograd mailing list Eurograd (at) lists.easst.net Unsubscribe or edit subscription options: http://lists.easst.net/listinfo.cgi/eurograd-easst.net
Meet us via https://twitter.com/STSeasst
Report abuses of this list to Eurogrademail@example.com