Open position as Research Assistant in Gender & Science Studies, Freie Universität Berlin, Dept. of Physics
a full-time position as Research Assistant (m/f/d) in Gender & Science Studies (PostDoc) is available at the Freie Universität Berlin, Dept. of Physics, Science Studies Group.
The deadline has been extended to: April 26, 2021
The Science Studies Group at the Department of Physics is dedicated to teaching and research in the field of Gender Studies in STEM and Science and Technology Studies (STS), including issues related to the physical sciences. The position is fixed-term for 5 years until March 31th 2026.
Job description: The PostDoc-researcher on the newly created position will conduct research and will teach in the field of Gender Studies in STEM and Science Studies. Active contribution to the formation and advancement of the research group and its research program is expected, as well as acquisition of research funding. The position is aimed at the candidate’s further qualification (equivalent to German habilitation) and the development of the research profile.
Requirements: A PhD is required, preferably on a topic in the field of Gender Studies in STEM, Science and Technology Studies (STS), or Sociology of Science.
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated research experience in the area of Gender Studies in STEM and/or Science and Technology Studies (STS) is expected;
- Interest in research topics of Science and Technology Studies related to the physical sciences is welcomed;
- Proficiencies and experiences in scholarly publishing;
- Experience in the acquisition of external funding and in designing and conducting inter- and transdisciplinary empirical research;
- Experience in research project management;
- Skills and experience in interdisciplinary communication and in research and teaching collaborations at the interfaces with the natural sciences;
- Teaching experience with students from the natural sciences;
- Proficiency in English and ideally in German language;
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Martina Erlemann (email@example.com ).
All applications (including a complete CV (publications lists, lists of teaching experience, etc.) as well as a brief description of research interests and future research plans (max. 300 words)) quoting the reference code should be directed preferably electronically in one PDF-file to Prof. Dr. Martina Erlemann: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The complete job posting finds here: https://www.fu-berlin.de/universitaet/beruf-karriere/jobs/english/PH-WissGeschSoz-1-2021-eng.html.
Please feel free to distribute to others who could be interested.
Best regards, Martina Erlemann
Prof. Dr. Martina Erlemann Working Group Gender and Science Studies in Physics Dept. of Physics Freie Universität Berlin Room 0.4.01 Arnimallee 14 D-14195 Berlin Tel.: +49-30-838 66255 email@example.com
EASST's Eurograd mailing list Eurograd (at) lists.easst.net Unsubscribe or edit subscription options: http://lists.easst.net/listinfo.cgi/eurograd-easst.net
Meet us via https://twitter.com/STSeasst
Report abuses of this list to Eurogradfirstname.lastname@example.org