Bard College Berlin Job Opening: Assistant Registrar
We would like to alert you to the following Job Opening:
Bard College Berlin, A Liberal Arts University invites applications for an
The Assistant Registrar is responsible for all administrative duties
related to student records and class enrollment at the College. S/He takes
responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of student records in the
database and ensures all students fulfill their degree requirements. In
addition, the Assistant Registrar is responsible for further administrative
duties related to the daily running of academic programs. The Assistant
Registrar reports to the College Registrar and works in close collaboration
with the Dean of the College.
Qualifications required for the position:
● Very comfortable with changing information technology, able to
develop processes and utilize technology to increase efficiencies.
● Very comfortable working with numbers and basic statistics.
● Solid organizational skills and a demonstrated attention to detail
and ability to check one’s work.
● Effective negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent English. Working knowledge of German desirable.
● A degree or at least 2-3 years of work experience or training in
higher education administration and/ or in information technology or campus
Responsibilities of the position:
● Manage course registration and add/drop processes.
● Student advising regarding study and exam regulations, including
creating and maintaining progress reports.
● Grade and record keeping.
● Preparation of enrollment statistics for the Amt für Statistik each
semester, and pulling other enrollment data as needed.
● Issuing of transcripts, certificates, diplomas, enrollment
● Preparation of graduation materials in the Spring semester.
● Management of course and program evaluations.
● Coordination of moderation and senior thesis processes.
● Update the relevant sections of the website, including formatting
and uploading syllabi.
● Managing online documentation for Erasmus mobilities (learning and
● Taking minutes at academic committee meetings as needed.
The position is 30-40 hours per week. The applicant should be prepared to
begin as soon as possible.
Applications including CV, cover letter, and contacts of 2 references
should be sent to Registrar@berlin.bard.edu with “Assistant Registrar” in
the subject line (email with pdf-attachments only).
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position is open
Please direct your questions to Registrar@berlin.bard.edu
Bard College Berlin is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
physical or mental disability, or age.
Bard College Berlin, A Liberal Arts University gGmbH
P: +49 30 43733 0
F: +49 30 43733 100
HRB Charlottenburg 84001
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Dr. Florian N. Becker, Taun N. Toay
EASST's Eurograd mailing list
Eurograd (at) lists.easst.net
Unsubscribe or edit subscription options: http://lists.easst.net/listinfo.cgi/eurograd-easst.net
Meet us via https://twitter.com/STSeasst
Report abuses of this list to Eurogradfirstname.lastname@example.org