[AREA 2020] - CFP First Workshop on Agents and Robots for reliable Engineered Autonomy
Call for Papers - First Workshop on Agents and Robots for reliable
Engineered Autonomy (AREA)
Co-located with ECAI 2020
Conference: 10th-12nd of June, 2020
Workshops: 8th or 9th of June, 2020
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Autonomous agents is a well-established area that has been researched
for decades, both from a design and implementation viewpoint.
Nonetheless, the application of agents in real world scenarios is
largely adopted when logical distribution is needed, while still limited
when physical distribution is necessary. The autonomous behaviour
responsible for decision-making should (ideally) be verifiable since
these systems are expensive to produce and are often deployed in
This workshop aims to bring together researchers from the autonomous
agents, software engineering and the robotics communities, as combining
knowledge coming from these research areas may lead to innovative
approaches that solve complex problems related with the verification and
validation of autonomous robotic systems. Consequently, we encourage
submissions that combine agents, robots, and verification, but we also
welcome papers focused on one of these areas, as long as their
applicability to the other areas is clear.
This workshop is a 1-day event with presentations of accepted papers and
one to two invited speakers (to be confirmed).
The main topics include but are not limited to:
- Agent-based modular architectures applicable to robots
- Agent oriented software engineering to model high-level control in
- Agent programming languages and tools for developing robotic or
intelligent autonomous systems
- Coordination, interaction, and negotiation protocols for agents and
- Distributed problem solving and automated planning in autonomous systems
- Fault tolerance, health-management, and long-term autonomy
- Real world applications of autonomous agents and multi-agent systems
- Real-time multi-agent systems
- Reliable software engineering of autonomy
- Runtime verification of autonomous agents and robotic systems
- Task and resource allocation in multi-robot systems
- Verification and validation of autonomous systems
- Testing and simulation tools and techniques for autonomous or robotic
- Self healing entities and systems
We invite you to submit:
- Full research papers that must describe authors' original research
work and results.
- Case study papers that should identify lessons learned, validate
theoretical results (such as scalability of methods) or new tools and
applications, benchmarks, or provide specific motivation for further
research and development.
- Research ideas: AREA encourages the submissions of new research ideas
in order to stimulate discussions at the workshop.
Full and case study papers are limited to 15 single-column pages;
research ideas papers are limited to 7 single-column pages. All
submissions must be in English and in PDF format.
*excluding references and appendices
The page limit is strict, and it will not be possible to purchase
additional pages at any point in the process (including after the paper
All papers should be original and not be submitted elsewhere. The review
process is single blind: submissions should not be blind, reviewers will
Submissions are accepted in PDF format only.
We are negotiating with a publisher for publishing the proceedings of
the workshop. We are also in the process of applying for a special issue
for the post-proceedings where revised selected papers will be published.
Formatting guidelines should follow LNCS (to be confirmed when the
publisher will be selected):
Submission link: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=area2020#
Submission Deadline: 1st March 2020
Paper Notification: 8th April 2020
Camera Ready: 8st May 2020
Workshop: 8th or 9th June 2020
Rafael C. Cardoso, Angelo Ferrando, Tobias Ahlbrecht, Claudio Menghi,
EASST's Eurograd mailing list
Eurograd (at) lists.easst.net
Unsubscribe or edit subscription options: http://lists.easst.net/listinfo.cgi/eurograd-easst.net
Meet us via https://twitter.com/STSeasst
Report abuses of this list to Eurogrademail@example.com