Carleton University - School of Industrial Design: Full-time Tenure-track Assistant Professor position (User Experience, Interaction and/or Service Design)
[apologies for cross-posting]
The School of Industrial Design invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor position, with a focus on User Experience, Interaction and/or Service Design.
Professional design experience and/or academic research experience in User Experience, Interaction Design, and/or Service Design are of particular interest to the School. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a critical and theoretical understanding of this field of design and the ability to integrate context-oriented approaches (interconnected media concerns, research methods, systems thinking, and usability considerations) in their work.
The following qualifications are desired:
- a professional degree in industrial design as well as a master’s degree or higher in ID or a related field and preferably a PhD;
- a minimum of two (2) years of professional or academic teaching experience in User Experience, Interaction and/or Service Design;
- a portfolio that illustrates proven skills in interaction design, including graphic design, as well as their students’ projects (if applicable) related to User Experience, Interaction Design, and/or Service Design;documentation of creative, emerging practice through professional work and/or peer reviewed academic publications;
- evidence of successful work in an interdisciplinary,
- collaborative environment;experience in teaching design studios and/or related courses in design theory;
- graduate training and supervisory experience;
- and experience in supporting equity, diversity and inclusion in previous work environments, such as in curriculum development or in supporting diverse students or diverse design teams.
The position involves teaching undergraduate industrial design lecture and studio courses, as well as supervising MDes (Master of Design) students. The incumbent will serve on School, Faculty, and University committees and be expected to contribute to the future development of the curriculum and research areas in interdisciplinary design, and specifically, the design of interactive digital products, services, systems, objects, exhibits or installations. The incumbent will exhibit strong potential for innovative and scholarly research that advances the field of User Experience Design, Interaction Design and/or Service Design through ongoing creative activity and scholarship. Furthermore, the incumbent is expected to build interdisciplinary ties across the University and with the external design community, in particular with the Human Computer Interaction (HCI) program by supervising students and teaching design courses open to HCI students.
Applicants should submit an application electronically by October 31, 2020 to: https://cusid.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/57641
More information at: https://carleton.ca/provost/2020/assistant-professor-industrial-design/
Chiara Del Gaudio
-- Chiara Del Gaudio | academia.edu
Assistant Professor School of Industrial Design Room 2496 Mackenzie - Carleton University Ottawa, ON, K1S 5B6 T: 613-520-2600, ext. 5671
EASST's Eurograd mailing list Eurograd (at) lists.easst.net Unsubscribe or edit subscription options: http://lists.easst.net/listinfo.cgi/eurograd-easst.net
Meet us via https://twitter.com/STSeasst
Report abuses of this list to Eurogrademail@example.com