Applications Open: MA Critical & Creative Analysis, Goldsmiths, University of London
Applications are now open for September 2019 entry to the MA Critical & Creative Analysis at the Department of Sociology, Goldsmiths, University of London
We live in a time of profound cultural, social and political changes, and this degree in Critical & Creative Analysis is designed to equip you with conceptual and analytical tools to understand and engage these developments in thoughtful and inventive ways.
• This programme emphasises the critical analysis of cultural processes from advanced theoretical perspectives – our analysis is as creative and dynamic as the processes themselves.
• You’ll be introduced to a range of traditions and resources from the sociology of culture, cultural studies, process philosophy, continental philosophy, postcolonial theory, critical literary aesthetics, and textual analysis. Through this, you’ll gain a critical understanding of contemporary cultural processes and central issues in the theory and analysis of contemporary culture.
• You’ll investigate key debates and questions like how cultural analysis can engage with the most significant challenges of the contemporary globalised world and whether critical traditions of social and cultural thought provide adequate responses to these challenges.
• This is the department’s most flexible MA and benefits from an expanded choice of option modules. In addition to the core module and one chosen from within a wide range of options from the Department of Sociology, you are able to choose two further modules from across a range of participating departments, allowing you to tailor the degree to your individual interests.
• You’ll join a community of students from around the world who have a range of backgrounds and interests – we welcome graduates from fields such as such as social science, humanities and philosophy, as well as more creative and artistic pursuits.
• You’ll cover a range of disciplines including sociology and social sciences, cultural studies, anthropology, art and philosophy. The interdisciplinary nature of the degree allows you to broaden your perspectives and introduces you to subjects you might not be so familiar with.
For further information about structure, requirements, and fees, funding and scholarships, and to submit your application, please click here: https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-critical-creative-analysis/
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact the programme convenor, Dr Martin Savransky
Dr. Martin Savransky
Lecturer | Department of Sociology
Director, Unit of Play (UoP)
Convenor, MA Critical & Creative Analysis
Goldsmiths, University of London
London SE14 6NW
Goldsmiths Staff Website
Unit of Play
The Adventure of Relevance | Speculative Research: The Lure of Possible Futures | Isabelle Stengers and The Dramatization of Philosophy
EASST's Eurograd mailing list
Eurograd (at) lists.easst.net
Unsubscribe or edit subscription options: http://lists.easst.net/listinfo.cgi/eurograd-easst.net
Meet us via https://twitter.com/STSeasst
Report abuses of this list to Eurogradfirstname.lastname@example.org